- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1.5 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 16 ounces extra firm tofu–frozen then defrosted.**
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, defrosted
- 6 oz of sliced black olives
- 6-9 oz of coarsely chopped artichoke hearts
- ½ cup pizza or marinara sauce (nothing with cheese)
- Prepared pizza dough – found in the refrigerated section.
- I like Trader Joes version check to label to find the “V”
- Prepare the spinach “ricotta” mixture. Crumble tofu into the bowl of a food processor along with olive oil, salt, oregano, garlic and nutritional yeast. Process on high until smooth and “ricotta-like”
- Allow pizza dough to expand at room temperature.
- Place pizza stone in the oven and turn it to 350 degrees.
- Once the oven has reached the temperature pull the pizza stone out of the oven and spread cornmeal over the surface (make sure the stone is cool enough to touch)
- Then spread out the pizza dough on the surface and pre bake for a couple of minutes. You don’t want to cook the dough but you want it to firm up a little so the sauce doesn’t soak the dough.
- Add the marinara, spinach mixture, black olives and artichoke hearts as desired.
- Bake according to directions on the dough which is usually about another 10 minutes.
**this is a helpful way to use Tofu by freezing it then defrosting it. Once it defrosts in the refrigerator for 8 hours it will crumble apart in your recipe.